Re: [Nmh-workers] exciting new stuff for 2.0

2005-12-22 11:14:34
 > > * Threading support. This is one of the obvious things missing from
 > > nmh that just about all modern mailers support.
 >
 > I'm not that sure about this. After all it's about e-mail not usenet.
 > I have something like
 >
 > thread () {
 >         pick -subject $1 -seq thread
 >         scan thread
 > }
 >
 > which does all I need.

well, it doesn't take the "References" or "In-reply-to" headers
into account.

No, but most of the time this is not necessary. However sortm -thread
would be a nice thing. And pick -thread <message number> too.

but more importantly, there's no way to easily view messages in a
sequence (like your "thread", above), sequentially, right?  if
not, then simply getting the message numbers of the thread isn't
all that useful, since i still can't easily read them in order.

I do
show thread
refile thread +somefolder

Breaking in between is some pain, so I don't do that (using screen), but
cur is updated as usual so you sure could make some mark cur-last magic.

i want to isolate the thread, and then be able to prev and next
through it.  so i think your method might be okay, if there were
a "-seq" option to prev and next, which meant "next in sequence".

This would be a nice idea ...