Re: [Nmh-workers] exciting new stuff for 2.0

2005-12-22 12:15:24
i want to isolate the thread, and then be able to prev and next
through it.  so i think your method might be okay, if there were
a "-seq" option to prev and next, which meant "next in sequence".

I'm not following all of this threading discussion completely
(lots of other work to do this morning, and the email's flying!).
But can't this already be done with plain old:

   show seqname:next
   show seqname:prev

whoa.  i _am_ learning things today.  that's _great_!  i had no
idea you could do that.  this increases the usefulness of
sequences tenfold.  thanks!

and, now that i've (re?)read the mh-sequences(5) man page, i also
know about

    Previous-Sequence:  pseq

which solves my other long-standing annoyance about mh sequences:
if i do "show unseen" i can't then do "rmm unseen", because, of
course, they're no longer unseen.  but i can now do "rmm pseq"
and it works just like i wanted.

hey jerry, you know, you should really consider writing a book about
all this...  ;-)

paul