Re: [Nmh-workers] Wishlist item - beefing up slocal pattern matching

2005-12-25 05:38:31
In message
<200512250415(_dot_)jBP4FnlZ023590(_at_)succubus(_dot_)panacea(_dot_)null(_dot_)org>,
 Joel Reicher writes:
I remember a while ago that people were wanting the slocal pattern
matching to be full regular expressions. I still think that is a good idea,
but it's occurred to me that the pattern matching of a maildelivery file
and the search criteria of pick do much the same job, so I'm now thinking
it would be a good idea for pick and slocal to share that machinery.
Any enhancement to pick would be an enhancement to slocal.

Since pick can do full boolean expressions, I think a new maildelivery
syntax might have to be introduced. That's the only part of this idea I
don't like.

Thoughts?

I would like pattern matching to be case sensitive.  There are some
antispam services (e.g., Postini) that rely on capital letters on
user defined fields in the email header (those starting with "X-").
An example: http://spam.acm.org/public/filters/faq/postini_transf1.html

Don't know if standard fields in the message headers can be capitalized
in different ways, but it will certainly be useful to allow case-matching
at least as an optional feature.  On the other hand, Unix users are
accustomed to use the right capitalization for commands, filenames,
and so on...  ;-)

Just a wish...

Igor.