[Nmh-workers] Wishlist item - beefing up slocal pattern matching

2005-12-24 21:16:17
I remember a while ago that people were wanting the slocal pattern
matching to be full regular expressions. I still think that is a good idea,
but it's occurred to me that the pattern matching of a maildelivery file
and the search criteria of pick do much the same job, so I'm now thinking
it would be a good idea for pick and slocal to share that machinery.
Any enhancement to pick would be an enhancement to slocal.

Since pick can do full boolean expressions, I think a new maildelivery
syntax might have to be introduced. That's the only part of this idea I
don't like.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

        - Joel