Re: [Nmh-workers] Ready to roll a new release?

2006-01-03 10:47:59
In message <20060103173948.ABE273D87@string1.ciencias.uniovi.es>, Igor Sobrado
writes:
$ autoreconf
m4: unexpected end of input, unclosed parenthesis:
   configure.in at line 13
m4: unexpected end of input, unclosed parenthesis:
   configure.in at line 13
autoconf-2.52: tracing failed

I suspect that it is a consequence of a different behaviour between
the BSD m4 macro language processor and GNU m4.
[...]

Ok, I should clearly show what happens on each machine.  This message
comes from the OpenBSD server.  I currently used three machines for
this test:

  - an OpenBSD server at Illinois: this machine has autoconf + BSD m4
  - a NetBSD server at the University of Oviedo: autoconf + BSD m4 + GNU m4
  - a NetBSD workstation: BSD m4 (i.e., without autoconf and GNU m4)

I used the NetBSD server to make a tarball with the right configure and
m4 scripts, and moved it to both the OpenBSD server and the NetBSD workstation
(that do not have GNU m4 installed).

On an unrelated issue.  I would want to acknowledge all the nmh developers
for the excellent work done maintaining this mail user agent and, specially,
Joel Reicher for developing the patch that allows building it in NetBSD
and Peter Maydell for a lot of fine improvements targeted to allow nmh to
build cleanly on BSDs in the last days.

Igor.