Re: [Nmh-workers] Ready to roll a new release?

2006-01-05 21:00:59
In message <200601031738.k03Hcfvc011080@darkstar.fourwinds.com>, Jon Steinhar
t writes:
The patch isn't the issue here.  If I make a new release from the CVS,
will it build and work correctly on *BSD?  The release won't include
the patch as the code will already be patched.

I would not expect issues here either.  Just want to observe that
I cannot compile nmh on machines that do not have GNU m4 installed.
Perhaps I run autoconf in a way that GNU m4 is required yet (I guess
that autoconf do no finished the steps to make a working configure
script and the m4 preprocessor is required after running "make".)

Unless I've misunderstood the other posts in the thread, it is not
nmh requiring GNU m4, but autoconf for when you regenerate the configure
script. It is, indeed, the case that GNU autoconf requires GNU m4.

This would be an "issue" for any package where you wanted to regenerate
the configure script, but doing so is not part of a standard build.

Cheers,

        - Joel