Re: [Nmh-workers] Ready to roll a new release?

2006-01-03 11:10:15
In message <200601031756.k03HugHN011365@darkstar.fourwinds.com>, Jon Steinhart
writes:

I'm still confused.  What I think I hear you saying is that you can't
patch and compile a version on a machine without GNU m4.  What I'm
not clear on is whether you can compile a version that was already
correctly patched.

As a "workaround" I patched the nmh source code on a machine that has
both autoconf and GNU m4 installed (in some way, it is the same steps
nmh developers will do to make a new release from the CVS repository,
though).

But the patched tarball has problems building on machines that do not
have GNU m4 installed.  Don't know if it is a new bug or my fault
(more probably the latter).

Cheers,
Igor.