Re: [Nmh-workers] What is MH ?

2006-01-09 22:30:12
Josh Bressers wrote:
With all due respect to kre, who has forgotten more about Unix than
I will ever know ... I cannot disagree more.

This is flamebait, shame on you.

I'm not sure how that was flamebait?  It sounded sincere to me :-)

Anyway, in answer to your questions:
1. The scope of mh is a dynamic, rather than fixed thing (I think this was pretty much kre's point, really) 2. If mh has new features, as long as these features are invisible to people who don't use them, and don't obfuscate the code, I think everyone wins. 3. Cleaning up the code is a vital thing to do, but I'd rather see it cleaned up as things are done, than having to clean it up first, before seeing any improvements.

I find it surprising that people feel so strongly about this. If someone is implementing a feature that you don't need, but it doesn't break the features you do use, wouldn't you just shrug your shoulders and move on?

re,