Re: [Nmh-workers] exciting new stuff for 2.0 (IMAP proposal)

2006-01-05 22:02:33
Nathan, regarding your probe into the IMAP world, we had a bit of a
discussion a few years back about creating an nmh-agent application,
similar to ssh-agent, that would hold persistent IMAP connections and
credentials.  nmh applications would need to be made "agent"-aware to
take advantage of this.

Here is a web archive of my original post:

http://www.mhonarc.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2002-07/msg00084.html

I made one statement that is not true: "There is one other problem
with getting nmh to work over IMAP.  The IMAP daemon's themselves must
understand the MH format."  Follow the whole thread.  Ken, in fact,
corrected me in the very next post. ;-)  There were lots of good ideas
in that thread.  See what you think of them.
--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/