Re: [Nmh-workers] unit and acceptance tests

2006-01-10 11:53:11

Joel Uckelman writes:

(E.g., acceptance tests would be easiest to do in something other
than C. It would be good if those were done in whatever language
people were most likely to contribute tests in. So what language?)

Bourne shell. It may not be the most expressive language out there,
or even necessarily the best language for the job. But it's a) guaranteed
to be everywhere that nmh is run[1], and b) it's probably the most widely
used to wrap existing mh commands, and so is a natural fit for testing.

Tet

[1] Actually, is this true? Does OS X have a bourne shell? I know it's
    got a csh. Even if it doesn't, I'd still say /bin/sh is the right
    language to use for tests.