Re: [Nmh-workers] unit and acceptance tests

2006-01-10 12:06:10
Tethys <sta231(_at_)astradyne(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>  wrote:
Bourne shell. It may not be the most expressive language out there,
or even necessarily the best language for the job. But it's a)
guaranteed to be everywhere that nmh is run[1], and b) it's probably
the most widely used to wrap existing mh commands, and so is a
natural fit for testing.

Agreed.  To note, autotest is designed for generating Bourne shell
scripts, just as autoconfig is.

[1] Actually, is this true? Does OS X have a bourne shell? I know
it's got a csh. Even if it doesn't, I'd still say /bin/sh is the
right language to use for tests.

OS X 10.3 switched the default shell from tcsh to BASH.  BASH can be
told to operate in POSIX 1003.2 mode with "--posix", so yes, Mac OS X
has Borne shell.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie(_at_)wookimus(_dot_)net>
http://www.wookimus.net/