Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh on Ubuntu

2006-04-21 15:21:58
I'm getting the error "post: can't exec no: No such file or directory" when
trying to send a message with nmh.

I'm running Ubuntu Breezy with Linux Kernel 2.6.12-10-amd64-generic.  My MT=
is exim 3.36--it is fully configured and works.  I installed nmh
1.1-release-3 from the Ubuntu/Debian package.  I did the spost -> post
symbolic link to correct the "problem initializing server; [BHST] premature
end-of-file on socket" error.  My ~/.mh_profile only has "Path: Mail".  I
haven't edited any of the nmh config files.

Have a look at the man page for post to see where your nmh installation
expects to find the post binary, then make sure it's actually in that
place.

I've also attempted to build nmh 1.2, but am missing a library that provide=
dbm_open().

That's unusual. I would have thought it's pretty standard on a UNIX system.

If you really don't have it, install either gdbm (GNU dbm) or Sleepycat's
Berkeley DB.

Cheers,

        - Joel