Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh on Ubuntu

2006-04-21 21:33:09
I'm getting the error "post: can't exec no: No such file or directory" when
trying to send a message with nmh.

Sorry, I just realised I completely misread what you said here.

Forget what I said earlier about finding where the post executable is;
that's obviously working. More below.

I'm running Ubuntu Breezy with Linux Kernel 2.6.12-10-amd64-generic.  My MT
=
is exim 3.36--it is fully configured and works.  I installed nmh
1.1-release-3 from the Ubuntu/Debian package.  I did the spost -> post
symbolic link to correct the "problem initializing server; [BHST] premature
end-of-file on socket" error.  My ~/.mh_profile only has "Path: Mail".  I
haven't edited any of the nmh config files.

Ok, this makes a bit more sense. The error string looks like it's from
spost, when it fails to execve sendmail. It thinks the sendmail binary
is called "no". Have you got the line

sendmail: no

in your mts.conf?

Cheers,