Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh on Ubuntu

2006-04-22 03:08:30

Hi,

I'm getting the error "post: can't exec no: No such file or
directory" when trying to send a message with nmh.

I'm running Ubuntu Breezy with Linux Kernel
2.6.12-10-amd64-generic.  My MTA is exim 3.36--it is fully
configured and works.  I installed nmh 1.1-release-3 from the
Ubuntu/Debian package.  I did the spost -> post symbolic link to
correct the "problem initializing server; [BHST] premature
end-of-file on socket" error.  My ~/.mh_profile only has "Path:
Mail".  I haven't edited any of the nmh config files.

Ok, this makes a bit more sense. The error string looks like it's from
spost, when it fails to execve sendmail. It thinks the sendmail binary
is called "no". Have you got the line

sendmail: no

in your mts.conf?

I think you're right.  I hit this problem when moving to Ubuntu;  not
Breezy, an earlier version.  Here's a bit of my /etc/nmh/mts.conf.

    # The delivery method to use.  Supported values are `smtp' and `sendmail'.
    # When `smtp', nmh will open a socket connection to the mail port on the
    # machine specified below, and speak SMTP directly.
    # When `sendmail', nmh will pipe messages directly to the sendmail program.
    # Altered by Ralph.
    # was: mts: sendmail
    mts: smtp

Cheers,