Re: [Nmh-workers] Additional subject prefixes to ignore

2006-05-24 17:53:58
jeffrey c honig wrote:
I have to deal with mail from Outbreak, I mean Outlook, on a daily
basis.  At least I get paid for the privilege...

Much of this mail comes with a subject prefix of FW: instead of Re:.
This messes up sorting by subject.

I would like to train nmh to string FW: in addition to Re:.  But that
seems like too specific a solution to the problem.  A more general
solution would be to add flags to the relevant commands to add prefixes
to the list.

i think i understand what you're getting at, but i'd like to see it
be a regular expression that gets trimmed before the sort (i assume
that's what you're referring to).  in particular, i get mail from lists
which prepend the listname.  that coupled with mailers that do and
don't strip existing "Re:" strings gives subjects that begin with
any of:
    [listname] foo
    Re: [listname] foo
    [listname] Re: foo
    Re: [listname] Re: foo

(i realize that an expression that catches these risks corrupting
a valid subject.  so far, i'm willing to risk that.)

paul