Re: [Nmh-workers] Additional subject prefixes to ignore

2006-05-24 18:15:03
Paul Fox <pgf@foxharp.boston.ma.us> wrote:

i think i understand what you're getting at, but i'd like to see it
be a regular expression that gets trimmed before the sort (i assume
that's what you're referring to).  in particular, i get mail from lists
which prepend the listname.  that coupled with mailers that do and
don't strip existing "Re:" strings gives subjects that begin with
any of:
    [listname] foo
    Re: [listname] foo
    [listname] Re: foo
    Re: [listname] Re: foo

(i realize that an expression that catches these risks corrupting
a valid subject.  so far, i'm willing to risk that.)

That's a good idea.  But I think that can be accomplished w/o a regex by
listing `[listname]' as a prefix to list for each list you are on.

I'm hesitant to try to use a regex because the only regex code in nmh is
strictly for pick and generalizing it or making it use POSIX regular
expressions is more than I want to take on at the moment.

Yeah, I'm chicken, I admit it.

Thanks.

Jeff

--