Re: [Nmh-workers] Additional subject prefixes to ignore

2006-05-24 20:00:27
Jon Steinhart <jon@fourwinds.com> wrote:

I'm hesitant to try to use a regex because the only regex code in nmh is
strictly for pick and generalizing it or making it use POSIX regular
expressions is more than I want to take on at the moment.

Yeah, I'm chicken, I admit it.

The posix regular expression library calls are simple to use.
It's not like you have to write your own from scratch anymore.

Yeah, that's easy.  The hard parts are:

1) If we start requiring regex, we need to fix configure.  Will this
   limit systems nmh can run on?  Do we support systems that do not have
   POSIX regex?

2) If we add some code that uses POSIX regex, we should update pick to
   be consistent.  Does the code in picksbr use the same syntax as the
   POSIX code?

3) This is going from a two hour enhancement to a multi-day enhancement
   and cleanup.

Thanks.

Jeff

--