Re: [Nmh-workers] Additional subject prefixes to ignore

2006-05-24 18:48:33
On Wed, 24 May 2006 21:14:18 EDT, Jeffrey C Honig said:

That's a good idea.  But I think that can be accomplished w/o a regex by
listing `[listname]' as a prefix to list for each list you are on.

I'm hesitant to try to use a regex because the only regex code in nmh is
strictly for pick and generalizing it or making it use POSIX regular
expressions is more than I want to take on at the moment.

On the other hand, generalizing it would be pretty nice, too.  Not only
would it be useful for 'sort', but for 'scan' as well, and even things
like 'repl' - using the regexp to trim off so we can re-sane the messy
'Re: FW: [list] re:' noise we see now.  Fortunately for scan and repl,
we can do all the heavy lifting in one place, in a filter %regexp of some
sort.

%regexp{pcre,string} - so we'd have: