Re: [Nmh-workers] whatnow attach usage

2006-07-23 00:44:44
I added those 2 lines to .mh_profile but still doesn't work.
Error message:

  mhbuild: draft shouldn't contain MIME-Version: field

And this is the draft message:

  To:myaddr@freenet.de
  cc:
  From:myaddr@gmx.de
  Fcc: +outbox
  Subject:test attach

You can't MIMEfy a message twice, which is what this has tried to do.
The presence of an attach header in the draft causes it to be MIMEfied,
if I remember correctly, so the draft must *not* be MIMEfied when you
send it.

Did you run it through mhbuild manually or do you have automimeproc set?

I have "automimeproc: 1" set in my .mh_profile.
It looks like the message already gets MIMEfied when (or before) I do
'attach <filename>' and the AGAIN when I 'send'

No, that's not quite what is happening. automimeproc is an indication
that whatnow should call buildmimeproc on the draft prior to sending.

The attach headers are not mhbuild directives, however, so they're
left untouched by this call to buildmimeproc. Instead, they're picked
up by code in send which assumes the draft has not been MIMEfied,
translates the attach headers into mhbuild directives, and runs the
result through mhbuild (again).

So the problem is a conjunction of the fact that two programs (whatnow and
send) are responsible for calling mhbuild automatically, and the fact that
the attach code in send assumes the message is still an unMIMEfied draft.

Speaking about bugs: the first "X-MH-Attachment:" shouldn't be there, right?

I don't think it should be there. In fact, I wonder what the attach code
would do with that. Attach your whole home directory?

Cheers,

        - Joel