Re: [Nmh-workers] The invisible mail folder

2007-02-25 07:09:05
I just realized that you can do "refile 1 +" and it works perfectly well,
that is: It does the only consistent thing to do and puts the message
directly into ~/Mail

That is surely a bug.

Yes, I did expect an error message, but after thinking about it, I don't
want nmh to prevent me from shooting into my foot.

Actually it seems that most commands work fairly well on "+" but there
is one anomaly: The current folder always gets set to "+inbox", no matter
where you start from! That is: "scan +" displays the contents of
~/Mail but sets the current folder to ~/Mail/inbox

Well I got confused: "scan +" doesn't change the current folder at all.
However "folder +" shows the described behavior.

When I try

      scan +

it lists two messages, and complains about both of them.  That's
because I have two directories (i.e. folders) with all numeric
names.

This is even a more general bug: Try "refile +inbox/11111; scan +inbox"
for example. I think subfolders are a feature, numeric folder names
probably are not. (Allowing them would rise quite some questions
about the semantics of sequences and so on ...)

Regards,
Harald