Re: [Nmh-workers] The invisible mail folder

2007-02-25 21:08:29
This is even a more general bug: Try "refile +inbox/11111; scan +inbox"
for example. I think subfolders are a feature, numeric folder names
probably are not. (Allowing them would rise quite some questions
about the semantics of sequences and so on ...)

The problem is not in the sequence, but in what scan (et al.) does
when it encounters a numeric directory entry that it can't read. At
the moment it dies a horrible death and can't scan past that point.

I think it would make much more sense for the nmh commands to be
fault tolerant rather than restrict what can be done with folder-creating
commands, since there are so many other ways for nasty directory entries
to be created (i.e. by non-nmh commands).

Cheers,

        - Joel