Re: [Nmh-workers] The invisible mail folder

2007-02-25 21:12:23

On February 25, 2007, Dan Harkless <nmh@harkless.org> wrote:
On February 25, 2007, Harald Geyer <Harald.Geyer@gmx.at> wrote:
Hi!

I just realized that you can do "refile 1 +" and it works perfectly well,
that is: It does the only consistent thing to do and puts the message
directly into ~/Mail

Yeah, I've run across that one as well (via typo).  Caused a little
consternation while I tried to figure out where the mail had been refiled
to.  This was on my to-do list to look at for when I eventually get some
time to hack on nmh again.

Actually it seems that most commands work fairly well on "+" but there
is one anomaly: The current folder always gets set to "+inbox", no matter
where you start from! That is: "scan +" displays the contents of
~/Mail but sets the current folder to ~/Mail/inbox

But if for some odd reason you want to set you current folder to ~/Mail
you still can do it by specifying "+inbox/..".

However "folders" will neither find "+" nor "+inbox/.." nor any
equivalent (for obious reasons you'll say) thus making ~/Mail
(and everything upwards in the hierarchy) an invisible folder.

Thanks for the report.  My personal opinion would be that it'd be better to
error if a non-empty folder name is given, rather than to get the rest of
the commands to work "properly" with a bare +.

Oops, I meant "error if an empty folder name is given".

--
Dan Harkless
http://harkless.org/dan/