Re: [Nmh-workers] Alas, No nmh in RedHat 4

2008-04-06 03:03:04
Joel Reicher wrote:
Ideally we ought to do another release at some point. Does anybody
remember how to do one? :-)

There's a target called "nmhdist" in the Makefile (once you've
generated that using the autoconf tools). Ultimately it uses the
string in the file VERSION, IIRC, but I think it's the autoconf tools
which read that in.

Mmm. I was thinking also about things like updating the savannah
page and so on (do you need to be a 'project admin' for that?)

I happen to have some spare time, which I could use to work out
whether there are bugs in the bug tracking system which ought to
be fixed, fix them, etc, if these are likely to get into a release...

I think the first step should be to create a 1.3 branch in CVS and then
do the release work on that. There are some changes I've been keeping
to myself because they're a bit too radical to go into the next release,
I think, and if we branched I'd be able to check them into the trunk.

Yeah, I guess a branch is the right thing here.

What do we want to put into 1.3, then? Looking in the BTS, I don't
think any of the bugs are particularly critical. So my vote would
be for 'release 1.3 more or less as the head of CVS is now', and
then go for a 1.4 hopefully not too long after that, with some of
the other bugs fixed (inc from Maildir, tempfiles, better MIME
support, maybe).

-- PMM