Re: [Nmh-workers] Alas, No nmh in RedHat 4

2008-04-29 16:25:29
Sorry for the late reply; been swamped. Hopefully can catch up now.

I happen to have some spare time, which I could use to work out
whether there are bugs in the bug tracking system which ought to
be fixed, fix them, etc, if these are likely to get into a release...

I think the first step should be to create a 1.3 branch in CVS and then
do the release work on that. There are some changes I've been keeping
to myself because they're a bit too radical to go into the next release,
I think, and if we branched I'd be able to check them into the trunk.

Yeah, I guess a branch is the right thing here.

What do we want to put into 1.3, then? Looking in the BTS, I don't
think any of the bugs are particularly critical.

Ages ago (a year?) I went through the BTS and fixed as much as I could.
There are some new bug reports I haven't had a chance to look at yet,
however.

So my vote would
be for 'release 1.3 more or less as the head of CVS is now', and
then go for a 1.4 hopefully not too long after that, with some of
the other bugs fixed (inc from Maildir, tempfiles, better MIME
support, maybe).

What I'm hoping for is active development on the trunk at all times and
every time we think things are stable and sufficiently different from
the last release, a new release is made.

Cheers,

        - Joel