Re: [Nmh-workers] cannot get envelop sender address correct

2008-05-06 07:43:43
On Tue, 06 May 2008 10:29:02 EDT, David Levine said:
It's always been that way.  I think that we should retain the
original nmh capability, just change the default build configuration.

"Meh".  I actually think "it's always been that way" is kind of a lousy
reason to not have a capability (and I think you have it backwards:
preventing the user from doing something isn't a "capability").

By "capability", I mean this:  the installer of nmh can
prevent a mortal user from using masquerading.

There certainly are plenty of ways for mortal users to
sidestep this prevention, of course.  But why should we
change the behavior of nmh when we don't need to?  It's easy
to change the default nmh configuration (to something that
many of us seem to use, anyway).

I'd definitely vote for "change the default but keep the config option for
those sysadmins that need it"...