Re: [Nmh-workers] cannot get envelop sender address correct

2008-05-06 07:43:01
By "capability", I mean this:  the installer of nmh can
prevent a mortal user from using masquerading.

I understood what you meant by capability.  My point was that what you
view as a "capability" is, from another perspective, a "limitation".

There certainly are plenty of ways for mortal users to
sidestep this prevention, of course.  But why should we
change the behavior of nmh when we don't need to?  It's easy
to change the default nmh configuration (to something that
many of us seem to use, anyway).

I guess my points were twofold: a) I think this capability/limitation
has almost no relevance in this day and age, and b) this
capability/limitation seems to get in the way of what users want to do
(that's what I'm hearing from some people).  Yes, users can solve the
problem in another way ... but I don't view that as a compelling
argument for not permitting this setting to be placed in someone's
.mh_profile.  If someone wanted to change the default to allow a user
to set draft_from from their .mh_profile and provide a
--enable-anal-retentive-sysadmin configure option, hey, I think that
would be great.