Re: [Nmh-workers] IPv6-ifying nmh

2009-01-12 10:52:42
A few particular corner cases to make sure we handle right:

1) IPv6 is supported, but not enabled on the system (no interfaces, not
even loopback, have an IPv6 addr bound to them).  I've gotten bit by this on
Solaris (see
http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-66-240906-1
for a related example), and Redhat/Fedora boxes.

I don't know what the issue is here, but I think the key is to try all
of the addresses returned by getaddrinfo().

2) IPv6 is turned up, but the local MTA only binds to 127.0.0.1 and not
to ::1 or ::*.

Well, personally I don't use mts/smtp to connect to the local MTA, but
whatever.  Again, trying all addresses returned by getaddrinfo() should
solve this.