Re: [Nmh-workers] More old crap: "servers" entry in mts.conf

2009-01-13 14:34:34
On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 13:19:05 EST, Ken Hornstein said:
Oh, more old crap .... the KPOP code in sbr/client.c only supports
Kerberos V4.  Since Kerberos V4 is waaaaay long in the tooth nowadays
and nmh supports Kerberos V5 via GSSAPI and the Cyrus SASL library,
as part of the general cleanup of this code I am (surprise!) proposing
it get junked entirely.  Objections?

Not only is V4 long in the tooth, but it also has sufficient security
design flaws that we should do everything we can to actively discourage
its use. And punting KPOP entirely is pretty active. ;)

If anybody is *still* running V4, they're very unlikely to update their MH
install and notice the lack.