[Nmh-workers] Re: Updates to nmh

2009-01-25 01:39:26
Peter Maydell <pmaydell(_at_)chiark(_dot_)greenend(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk> writes:

Ken Hornstein wrote:
So ... what MTS are you using?  SMTP?  Or sendmail?  Does "-snoop" tell you
anything useful?  I thought what I did only affected the SMTP MTS, but
hey, I've been wrong before.

I use mts:sendmail (this is the Debian package default and generally what
I recommend people use because (a) nmh's SMTP talking code doesn't get
the corner cases of the spec right and (b) Unix systems should have a
sendmail binary that can do this kind of thing anyhow).

Ditto.

It turns out that send is calling post, which is segfaulting:

Hmmm, at one time I had used spost as a postproc, not for the reasons
in the FAQ (06.04 Fixing "post: problem initializing server; [BHST] no
servers available") but because post was crashing. It doesn't appear
I'm doing that any more though. I wonder if these are related...

Thanks, Ken, for making these changes. And thanks to Peter for testing
and Doug for looking over the changes. I appreciate the effort!

--
Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG
ID:610BD9AD