Re: [Nmh-workers] Fixing decoding of quoted messages in replies

2010-11-03 13:54:13
[2010-10-26 21:03] Oliver Kiddle <okiddle(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
markus schnalke wrote:

(1) Showing messages with different charsets requires a line like
    mhshow-charset-iso-8859-1: iconv -f iso-8859-1 | %s
in the profile if your terminal is on UTF-8. It might be worth to
include such processing directly into nmh in order to make it more
usable out-of-the-box. Iconv is already available (if compiled in).

That would be good but you lose some flexibility. In some cases, I use
the //TRANSLIT option on iconv. Also, I actually treat iso-8859-1 as
windows-1252 because mails from Windows systems are sometimes
incorrectly identified as iso-8859-1.

mhshow-charset- entries should have precedence, of course. Then
everything would be like now but text in foreign charsets gets
converted to the native charset if nothing else is said.

meillo