Re: [Nmh-workers] Fixing decoding of quoted messages in replies

2010-11-05 23:10:29
    Date:        Fri, 05 Nov 2010 21:27:33 +0000
    From:        Peter Maydell
<pmaydell(_at_)chiark(_dot_)greenend(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk>

  | [Aside: 'columns' is
  | usually the same as 'characters' except that some Chinese/Japanese
  | characters are two columns wide on screen.

Other languages have characters that use no horizontal space on the
screen at all (they go above, or below, the previous (or potentially,
I suppose, next, though I have no personal experience with that)
character).

Of course, once you start moving the code in this direction, you should
also start to think about r to l scripts instead of assuming l to r is
correct for everyone.

kre