Re: [Nmh-workers] SMTP/IMAP/POP Support

2010-12-05 21:47:16
On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 9:34 PM, chad wrote:
On Dec 5, 2010, at 6:52 PM, Earl Hood wrote:

I do something like the following:

fetchmail -m '/usr/bin/procmail -d %T'

I used to do this, and have procmail do crude spam filtering.
I eventually took it out of the loop because mail spool was not a
reliable concept in my (relatively highly distributed) world.  I'm
curious if it gives any benefits today; I would expect machines
without working mail spools to be even more common, but I
haven't looked in forever.

In your procmailrc you can specify any pathname to by the
"spool" file if you are on a system that does not have one.
Then just set default options to 'inc' in your .mh_profile
to use whatever pathname you choose (and to truncate it
since inc only auto-truncates the system mail spool file).

--ewh