Re: [Nmh-workers] Understanding nmh (aka. What's the goal) [ reallynon-ASCII message bodies ]

2010-12-07 17:36:03
Peter wrote:

markus schnalke wrote:
The old code generates ...

... for ASCII:

 foo

... for non-ASCII (only if at least one attachment is present):

 d2l0aCBKb24....

These are definitely just wrong -- we shouldn't be specifying
name and x-unix-mode for the body text

Adding -attachformat 1 to the send entry of your .mh_profile
will get rid of the name and x-unix-mode.  That option can
also be added when entering send at the whatnow prompt.  The
send man page has examples of what it produces.

If there's consensus to make that the default, it would be an
easy code and documentation change.  (Yes, I'm volunteering
to make the changes.  But not to push for consensus :-)

(and base64ing when we could q-p is a bit unfriendly).

Blackberries, and I think Droids, unnecessarily base64 text.
But I do agree with you, nmh shouldn't.

David