Re: [Nmh-workers] Understanding nmh (aka. What's the goal) [ reallynon-ASCII message bodies ]

2010-12-08 08:07:38
David Levine wrote:
These are definitely just wrong -- we shouldn't be specifying
name and x-unix-mode for the body text

Yes, that's badly wrong. I've never used -attach, one of the reasons being
that I didn't like it including x-unix-mode. Another thing that bothered
me was that I couldn't get it to apply the attachments but defer sending
so that I could run list to see the results. But I must admit that I
like the idea of not having to remember to type mime when my e-mail
contains attachments, or the odd umlaut or pound sign.

Adding -attachformat 1 to the send entry of your .mh_profile
will get rid of the name and x-unix-mode.  That option can

The name is useful for actual attachments although we should really be
using Content-Disposition for that. For the body, I can't understand
why anyone would want either name or x-unix-mode.

Oliver