Re: [Nmh-workers] repl and mime handling

2012-01-18 14:22:53

The limitations occur where e-mails use characters that can't be
displayed in the current locale but we can't do anything about that.

How likely is it that a message containing characters undisplayable in
the user's locale will be useful for the user? (This isn't meant
rhetorically, it's a serious question.) Speaking for myself, if a
message can't be displayed in my chosen locale, then switching to a
locale where it can be probably won't help me read it.

Well said.

I think it's entertaining to point out that I just received a rather
official university email message with charset="iso-2022-jp".

steve