Re: [Nmh-workers] temporary files

2012-03-16 09:14:23
Rather than proliferate switches, why not begin deprecating it, by first
making it something that must be explicitly enabled in build?

Because ... I'm writing the code, and I get to make the decision? :-)

In all seriousness ... it's a balancing act between "move nmh forward"
and "keep around existing interfaces".  So I have to make a judgement
call, and my judgement is to add switches.  If someone ELSE wants to
write the code, they can use their judgement.

There are practical concerns as well.  Specifically:

- A LOT of people apparantly just take whatever the package manager
  chooses for the options.  That means effectively that if it's an
  option which is turned off by default, that means it's turned off
  for most people.

- I am loath to add more #ifdefs.