Re: [Nmh-workers] First release candidate for 1.5 now available

2012-04-24 10:40:46
You wrote:

I am pleased to announce the first release candidate (RC1) of nmh 1.5 is now
available.  You can find it for download here:

I tried compiling and installing on Solaris. It all builds fine but I
get the following message repeated a number of times:
./man/mh-chart-gen.sh: !: not found

! is not available in pure Bourne shell and should be avoided.
There are several options, we could use:
  echo $i | grep 'mh-chart.man' >/dev/null && continue
or:
  expr $i : .*/mh-chart.man >/dev/null && continue
I think continue works in any reasonable /bin/sh.
Or we could avoid any forks by using a case statement:
  case $i in
    */mh-chart.man) break;
    *)
    ;;
  esac

The script then goes on to complain about the -E option to grep (only
/usr/xpg4/bin/grep or egrep handle that on Solaris).

I think the easiest solution here to the roll the grep -E into the awk:
awk '/.SH SYNOPSIS/,/^(\.ad|typical usage:)/ { if ( $0 !~ /^(\.SH
SYNOPSIS|\.na|\.ad|typical usage:)/ ) print }'

Oliver