Re: [Nmh-workers] First release candidate for 1.5 now available

2012-04-24 14:34:51
You cannot sanely use a Solaris system without putting /usr/xpg4/bin at
the front of your $PATH.  If the auto* tools can arrange for this to
happen in the appropriate places, they should.

There is some stuff to do that already in Autotools.  I know it
will search /usr/xpg4/bin for the right grep (that might require
us to add a macro).

Okay, I found a Solaris system at work ... what I've found is that:

- It automatically found grep in /usr/xpg4/bin, so if we use GREP everywhere
  the Right Thing should happen
- It set SHELL to /bin/bash, but I don't know if bash is installed on Solaris
  by default.  It's also not clear that it will search the xpg4 path for it.

Oliver, what does SHELL get set to in the nmh Makefile?  It might be as
simple as using $(SHELL) appropriately.  I tried that on the tests (I set
TESTS_ENVIRONMENT to end in $(SHELL)) and that helped ... but there are
plenty of other problems in the nmh tests on Solaris.  Not sure it's worth
fixing all of those.