Re: [Nmh-workers] First release candidate for 1.5 now available

2012-04-24 11:22:29
! is not available in pure Bourne shell and should be avoided.

Minor nit: ! is in POSIX; the problem here is Solaris has an ancient sh
implementation (isn't there a POSIX one in something like /usr/xpg4/bin ?).
Same with -E for grep.

I'm fine with workarounds for Solaris, but I'm wondering if we want
to tackle this in a different way.  Example: we could use AC_PROG_EGREP
for the grep issue (although Oliver's suggestion to combine it into
awk seems reasonable as well).  I'm neutral on solutions for the
problem with POSIX shell constructs; we could either get rid of
them or have autoconf pick a better shell.