Re: [Nmh-workers] A € for your thoughts - should we fix UTF-8 subject output in scan for 1.5?

2012-05-20 23:52:27
On 5/21/2012 2:44 AM, Ken Hornstein wrote:
Considering that this has never worked before, it seems a bit late in
the release cycle to be fixing it post-RC2.
Well, I guess it depends on your perspective.  Is this a portability
problem?  Linux (the one I tested) returns 0 for isspace() &&
iscntrl() > 127.  If that's true for you, it works fine.

weighing in a second time on the same thread: it's not a regression nor
a new bug and so would normally not warrant a post-RC fix. but it's been
busted for a long time and it *is* a portability problem not a logic
problem. so i'm edged over to the "yes we should fix it in 1.5" answer.

It may be that fixing cpstripped() (works for some systems, not
others) is one problem and fixing the scan output (has never worked
for anybody) is another problem.  Let's just consider the former:
fix for 1.5 or not?

to repeat: if you can write a couple of tests, and if this mailing list
reviews the patch, i'm +1 to it.

paul