Re: [Nmh-workers] A € for your thoughts - should we fix UTF-8 subject output in scan for 1.5?

2012-05-23 15:47:02

Ken Hornstein writes:

That's not strictly true, either. Both isspace() and iscntrl() return
zero for me for everything above 127. But although the subject line of
your message is correctly decoded by scan, it's broken when decoded by
show (and by exmh, which I'm guessing is just shelling out to show).
This is on Linux with 1.4.

Huh, now THAT'S odd ... I just tested it, and at least on Linux "show"
on this works just fine.  Are you using the defaults for mhl?

Yes, but I'm also lying. It turns out that what I was seeing was
a bug in xterm and show does display the message correctly in a
terminal. However, exmh doesn't :-(

Tet