Re: [Nmh-workers] The third release candidate of nmh is now available

2012-06-03 10:46:33

On 3 June 2012 at 11:17, Jerrad Pierce <belg4mit@pthbb.org> wrote:

mts.conf is fairly important but rarely touched,
so people may not recall what options they had set
to get things working.

I think clobbering it is bad. If not preserving
the original, can we make the clobber happen late
in the install and cat the current file to STDOUT
for anyone who overlooks the "we don't do the normal
thing with config files on upgrade" warning?

Kinder handling of "clobbering" is one reason I used a packager, in
my case RPM, for build & install of my software.  Another reason is
that it allows me to revert to a previous version without too much
pain.

FWIW....

--
Kevin