Re: [Nmh-workers] The third release candidate of nmh is now available

2012-06-03 14:37:14
I think clobbering it is bad. If not preserving
the original, can we make the clobber happen late
in the install and cat the current file to STDOUT
for anyone who overlooks the "we don't do the normal
thing with config files on upgrade" warning?

_not_ clobbering is the normal thing for upgrades?  That's news to me.
And Norm's point was that the documentation doesn't match our actual
practice; that will be fixed for 1.5.

Actually, from what I remember the INSTALL document didn't actually
match our previous behavior either.  Yeah ... just checked.  The
old behavior was that if the new file didn't match the old file,
the NEW file was installed with a .dist extension and the OLD file
was left in place.  I guess the INSTALL document has been wrong for
a long time.  That behavior I was not a fan of.  Keeping the old
file around I'm fine with.  If someone else wants to do it, then
please go ahead.