Re: [Nmh-workers] scan -width behaves oddly in 1.5RC3

2012-06-06 16:17:21
On 6/6/2012 8:00 PM, Ken Hornstein wrote:

Our push recently (and by recently, I mean for 1.5) has been to set
POSIX as a minimum.  We're not completely unreasonable about it,
but there are limits; we make that call on a case-by-case basis.

ken, speak for yourself. i am completely unreasonable about it. i stopped
supporting pre-POSIX "sprintf" results in BIND as of about 1995. it was
controversial then. it is not controversial now.

if presented with the glorious rise of win32 and cocoa and told that the unix
apps people had remained compatible with 20-year-old systems, yoda would say,
"that... is why you fail."