Re: [Nmh-workers] scan -width behaves oddly in 1.5RC3

2012-06-06 16:27:05
paul vixie <paul(_at_)redbarn(_dot_)org> writes:
On 6/6/2012 8:00 PM, Ken Hornstein wrote:
Our push recently (and by recently, I mean for 1.5) has been to set
POSIX as a minimum.  We're not completely unreasonable about it,
but there are limits; we make that call on a case-by-case basis.

ken, speak for yourself. i am completely unreasonable about it. i stopped
supporting pre-POSIX "sprintf" results in BIND as of about 1995. it was
controversial then. it is not controversial now.

Hmm, should I be worried about the fact that I'm running a pretty recent
BIND on this box?  I've never seen anything that looked like snprintf
related misbehavior ...

                        regards, tom lane