Re: [Nmh-workers] new mhmail

2012-06-16 18:27:14
Norm wrote:

May I be so bold as to suggest additional switches:

You may :-)

  -send -and -nosend (with -send being the default, if you like)

-debug is the same as -nosend.  If you prefer -nosend, I'll
rename it.

Is -send necessary?  mhmail doesn't read the profile so the
only way a -send would need to be -no'd is if it's already
on the command line.  Just don't put it there to begin with?

   --foo bar (adds a component named "foo" with value, "bar". (This
notation is analogous to one used in pick).

OK, I'll look into this.  I think that pick's --component is
the only double-dash switch in nmh and I'd rather not add
another.  I'd prefer something like:  -header-field foo:bar,
or any other suggestions?  Esp. a switch name that doesn't
start with "h".

   -file path (where the draft goes) (implies -nosend)

This will work now:

  mhmail ... -debug/-nosend >file

And retains the benefits of dealing with files with the
shell, such as running through a pipe, not clobbering if you
have that shell feature enabled, and whatever else.

With those features the program becomes a fairly powerful draft
generation utility. What you have is already very close to that).

I'll probably start using it again too, I had reverted to mail/mailx.

David