Re: [Nmh-workers] new mhmail

2012-06-17 09:03:06
David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> writes:
Norm wrote:
   --foo bar (adds a component named "foo" with value, "bar". (This
notation is analogous to one used in pick).

OK, I'll look into this.  I think that pick's --component is
the only double-dash switch in nmh and I'd rather not add
another.  I'd prefer something like:  -header-field foo:bar,
or any other suggestions?  Esp. a switch name that doesn't
start with "h".

(A detail: foo may not contain any :'s, but bar, of course, may)

If you do that, then you might consider adding the same, redundant, switch to
pick.

With those features the program becomes a fairly powerful draft
generation utility.

Maybe this, basically new, and pretty complex program, needs some field usage
before committing to specific specifications. So you might want to, temporarily,
put a remark in the man page, to the effect that the program is at the beta
level, and is subject to changes introducing incompatibilities.

    Norman Shapiro