Re: [Nmh-workers] The attach feature

2012-09-12 10:54:46
norm(_at_)dad(_dot_)org writes:
Of historical interest:

Whatnow now has features not available to shell users. This represents, the
perhaps inevitable, denouement of an argument I lost decades ago. I believed
then, and believe now, that the whatnow feature was a mistake; that the
correct
interface between mh and the user is the shell.

It's  surprising that it took thirty five years.

     Norman Shapiro

Ah.  Well, if your argument is with the existence of whatnow as opposed to the
addition of attach to the existing whatnow we're in agreement.  As per other
heated discussions on this list, there is a strong "don't break things"
mentality
on this list (which got misplaced on the last release) and the attachment code
is the way it is in order to not break things.

Jon