Re: [Nmh-workers] The attach feature

2012-09-11 07:24:46
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:
If you could let us know
where you looked, we could put some pointers in the man pages.

I don't remember all the places I looked and things I tried, nor do I remember
the order in which I did them. But here are some of the things I tried:

        man attach
        man -k attach
        man whatnow (It told me the feature existed, but not much more)
        man nmh (to see if there was a relevant man page)
        man send (lots of hits for "attach" but nothing about the attach
command)
        man post
        I grepped for "attach: in the /usr/local/nmh hierarchy (too many hits
to be very useful. ./share/doc/nmh/README-ATTACHMENTS didn't say anything about
the attach command, but it was something of a breakthrough because I finally
got the hint, that somehow, somewhere, the attach command caused the stuff that
man send was talking about to be generated).
        I sent lots of message to myself (this turned out to the most useful)

         In my humble (but correct :-) opinion there should be an attach man
page. It would, at the very least give the basic idea, (attach generates
certain headers which send understands), the syntax of the command, and
pointers to other man pages.

Sorry to be so dumb, but remember if it weren't for us dumb folks smart people
would have nothing to be superior about.

    Norman Shapiro