Re: [Nmh-workers] The attach feature

2012-09-12 14:29:45
Ah.  Well, if your argument is with the existence of whatnow as opposed
to the addition of attach to the existing whatnow we're in agreement.
As per other heated discussions on this list, there is a strong "don't
break things" mentality on this list (which got misplaced on the last
release) and the attachment code is the way it is in order to not break
things.

I'm not sure I'd used the word "misplaced" regarding the backwards
compatibility issue ... that implies we don't know where it went :-)
"Relaxed" might be better.

Yes, I know you're probably still stinging a bit about getting bit
by draft messages requiring a From: header.  Believe me, that change
wasn't made lightly and we had a serious debate about it (but with
remarkably few dissenters).  It's a constant balancing act between
"make sure old stuff worked" and "bring in new features".  Admittedly,
that wasn't so much of a new features as cleaning up a bunch of
junk which barely worked in the first place.  But as a side effect
we got a bunch of new features out of it.